Photo: Carol McCormick
At the slaughterhouse, birds may wait in the trucks from one to 9 hours or more depending on killing and processing speed. These chickens fell off the truck onto the cement loading dock at Townsend's chicken slaughter plant in Millsboro, Delaware.
(From UPC Spring-Summer 2011 Poultry Press)
Kokun and Potpo were rescued from a Perdue
chicken house before they ended
up like this...
Photo By: David Harp
- 5/31/05: Tyson Chicken Torture: UPC Letter and Action Alert: Please Write!
- 11/05/04: New Undercover Investigation of Perdue Farms, Including Video
- 7/20/04: KFC SUPPLIER ACCUSED OF ANIMAL CRUELTY
- 6/25/04: UNDERSTANDING AND CONTROL OF GANGRENOUS DERMATITIS IN POULTRY HOUSES
- 5/17/04: BBC UNDER FIRE FROM POULTRY BODY
- 5/17/04: POULTRY LITTER HARBORS AGENTS THAT GENERATE ANTIBIOTIC MULTI-RESISTANCE
- 5/08/04: US/UK "BROILER" CHICKEN WELFARE
- 12/19/03: Compassion In
World Farming's Court Case
Regarding Factory Farming of Broiler Chickens, December
- 11/28/03: U.K. High Court Rejects
Claim Against Chickens' Suffering
- 11/12/03: Factory Farming
Needs to End (by Virgil Butler)
- Inside the Chicken
- 10/29/03: Chickens Have Gotten
Bigger With Demand for Easy-to-Prepare Meals
- 10/07/03: Washington Post
Article on New USDA Poultry Categories
- 9/040/3: KFC’s Tortured,
Crippled, Suffering Chickens Speak Out for Chickens on
World Farm Animals Day, October 2
- 7/14/03: Human Health
and Animal Welfare Will the McDonald’s policy cure
cruelty to chickens?
- 04/09/03: Birds Factory-Farming
- 04/01/03: United Poultry
Concerns Calls on Tyson Foods, KFC, and the National Chicken
Council to Improve Bird Welfare and Set Policies Prohibiting
Deliberate Cruelty to Chickens
- UPC’s letters to Tyson
Foods, KFC, and the National Chicken Council
- 2/24/03: Formal
Complaint, Whistleblower Tell of Deliberate Torture of
Birds at Tyson Plant
- 1/28/03 Australian
Broiler Chicken Rescue
Chickens Choose Pain Relief
- "Broiler" Chicken Skeletal
Problems in the U.S.
Problems of Meat-type Chickens"
- Kapparot "Broiler"
- The Plight of Poultry
- 4/22/2002: Undercover
Campaigners Expose Factory Chicken Suffering