UPC Welcomes 60 Hens from Mississippi Cockfighting Raid
UPC Spring 2009 Poultry Press
Chickens are Foragers, Not Fighters (Updated 2002)
- Boston Globe Reports Huge Cockfighting Raid in Massachusetts 30 May 2018
- “Fighting Cocks” in French Polynesia 4 January 2018
- Help HAPPY TRAILS “Cockfighting” ROOSTERS Find Homes 2 February 2016
- Rooster Rescue - Happy Trails Needs Your Networking & Adoption Help 23 May 2013
- Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act: Urge Your Member of Congress to Support H.R. 366! 31 January 2013
- Animal Fighting Spectator Prohibition Act: Urge Your U.S. House Representative’s Support 19 December 2012
- Rescued "Cockfighting" Roosters in New Jersey Need Homes 23 November 2011
- Score One for the Roosters! San Diego County, CA Passes Ordinance to Curb Rampant Cockfighting Activity 19 September 2011 (Also in UPC Fall 2011 Poultry Press)
- Please Help Stop Cockfighting in San Diego County: San Diego County, CA Residents Only - We Need Your Calls and Emails 1 September 2011
- San Diego County CA Moves to Curb Cockfighting; Board of Supervisors Votes 4-1 3 August 2011
- Cockfighting operation in Mullica Township shut down, property owner arrested 18 May 2010
- Cockfighting Raid and Arrest on Virginia Eastern Shore 26 April 2016
First known arrest for cockfighting in Accomack County in recent memory. . . .
- Code of Virginia Re: Animal Fighting 26 April 2010
- UPC Welcomes 60 Hens from Mississippi Cockfighting Raid 12 February 2009 (Also in Spring-Summer 2009 Poultry Press)
- Cooper the Rooster UPC Winter 2008-2009 Poultry Press (Cooper came from a background of cockfighting and his story shows how noncombative and friendly such roosters really are by nature.)
Photos by Linda Howard
2008 & earlier
- 2/28/08: We are at the End of the Road for Animal Fighting in Virginia
- 10/08/07: Allegations of cockfighting bring sport’s history to light
- 6/08/07: AMAZON.COM SUPPORTS COCKFIGHTING Please Protest!
- 5/15/07: Anti-Cockfighting Forces Win New Mexico & U.S. Congress, Fight Amazon.com
- 4/12/07: Houston TX: Deputies rescue abandoned chickens
- 4/11/07: Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act Approved by Congress
- 3/12/07: Governor Richardson signs cockfighting ban into law
- 1/31/07: Virginia Senate to Vote Thursday on Felony Cockfighting!
- 7/20/06: Humane Society urges Amazon.com to quit selling cockfighting mags
- 2/23/06: Avian Influenza and Cockfighting
- 9/28/05: Chat with a Cockamaniac
- 7/05/05: UPC President Karen Davis Will Talk About Cockfighting on Kentucky Radio Show, Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. on WMST-AM, Mount Sterling, KY
- 6/27/05: Do Roosters Naturally Fight?
- 6/20/05: Combat unnatural for roosters
- 3/03/5: Cockfighting Ban Flies Out of House in New Mexico
- 1/31/05: Urge Oklahoma Officials to Investigate Suspected Cockfighting
- 9/12/04: Cockfighters Lose Lawsuit in Hawaii
- 8/02/04: South Carolina Residents: Insist that State Lawmakers Stop Playing Games with Cockfighters
- 7/15/04: UPDATE: HOUSE OKAYS FUNDING TO ENFORCE ANIMAL FIGHTING LAW
- 6/27/04: Can “Fighting” Roosters Be Rehabilitated?
- 6/09/04: COCKFIGHTING IS A FEMINIST ISSUE
- 4/26/04: OKLAHOMA COCKFIGHTERS CHICKEN OUT
- 4/17/04: AVIAN INFLUENZA UPDATE
- 1/16/04: URGE PROSECUTION OF FEDERAL COCKFIGHTING CASE
- 11/05/03: Washington lawmakers take aim at cockfighting
- 10/20/03: URGENT: DON'T LET COCKFIGHTERS DETER CONGRESS FROM FUNDING ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL ANIMAL FIGHTING LAW!
- 10/14/03: Group With Cockfighting Ties is Protested
- 4/09/03: United Poultry Concerns News Advisory: Cockfighting Bill in New Mexico
- 3/19/03: Tell the USDA to Stop Reimbursing Cockfighters with U.S. Tax ollars
- 2/27/03: Cockfighting Hurts More Than Just Fighting Birds
- 2/10/03: Oklahoma Voters Ban Cockfighting in 2002
- Law Closes In On Cockfighting in the U.S. UPC Fall 2002 Poultry Press
- 9/11/2002: Cockfighting: Arkansas Democrat Gazette editorial on cockfighting
- 7/20/2002: Letter & Article: Cockfight Violence: A Clash of Culture
- 5/18/2002: Tulsa World Anti Cockfighting Editorial
- May 2002: Campaigns Against Cockfighting Update
- 4/11/2002 Latest News: Sandoval County in New Mexico has just banned cockfighting. New Mexico is one of three states that still allows the blood sport of cockfighting, but now 12 of the states' 33 counties have banned this horrific activity.
- 4/5/2002: Cockfighting: Who, Truly, are the Ruthless Aggressive Killers?
- HSUS: The Ultimate Fight: Our Battle to Save Anti-Cockfighting Legislation
- AVMA policy against cockfighting
- 1/15/2002: UPC Letter Re: "Cockfighting is an enigma"
- 10/11/2001: Action Alert - Support Anti-Cockfighting Amendment
- Ban Cockfighting Bills: Your Letters are Needed ASAP! UPC Summer 2001 Poultry Press
- 2/7/2001: Eighty-one percent support cockfighting ban, survey shows
- Campaigns to Outlaw Cockfighting in Arizona, Missouri UPC Winter 1997-1998 Poultry Press
- Activists Set to Ban Cockfighting in Arizona and Louisiana UPC Summer 1996 Poultry Press