|Summer 1997 Poultry Press
- 1 Box Wheat Meat(Chicken Style)*
- Soy Milk for dipping
- Equal parts flour and bread crumbs
- Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive (or other vegetable) oil for frying
- Favorite bottled or homemade spaghetti sauce
Cut Wheat Meat into bite-sized nuggets. Mix flour and bread crumbs with salt, pepper and Italian
seasonings. Dip Wheat Meat nuggets into soy milk and then into bread crumb mixture. Fry nuggets in
oil until golden brown. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with a layer of spaghetti sauce. Place nuggets
on top. Pour another layer of sauce over nuggets. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
One box makes approximately 50 tasty nuggets.
* Wheat Meat is available at natural food stores, community co-ops and some supermarkets nationwide. If it's not yet at
you local supermarket, ask your store to carry it.
Recipe by Lynn Halpern