In Loving Memory
Freddaflower Memorial Fund
The pain of losing them is the price we pay for the privilege of knowing them and sharing their lives. . . .
We thank those people who have contributed to our work with recent contributions In Loving Memory of the following beloved birds:
- My little pet hen Jenny, who died December 31, 2000. I took her in 5 years ago when she was just a few weeks old. She was an abandoned “Easter-Toy,” cold, sick, and almost featherless. After much loving care Jenny slowly recovered and lived a very good life with me. She was such a quiet, gentle hen. I loved her dearly, from Eileen Ann Field.
- My beloved little Robbie, a Rhode Island Red bantam rooster whom I rescued from a “trader” and who came into our kitchen every evening for 5 years to eat canned corn from his own bowl. Also, in memory of Heidi, a beautiful white silky hen who was killed by a hawk one week before Robbie passed away. Both are greatly missed! From Barbara Moffit.
- My sweet Plymouth Rock hen, Penny, who is very much missed, by Edna Ann Senecal.
- My Rhode Island Red hen Precious, whom I shall always love and never forget. She replied to my voice with soft coos. She died of shock when the local SPCA put her in their truck by mistake. Violet Aharonian.
- My rooster, Brewster, who brought zest and beauty into our lives, from Lila Cantor.
- My cockatiel Corky, whose death still makes me sad. I feel blessed for having known him for 5 years. He had a “smart spirit.” He was a loving bird and I miss him deeply. Karen Ball.