Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
The pain of losing them is the price we pay for the privilege of knowing them and sharing their lives. . . .
– Vicky Barbee
We thank those people who have contributed to our work with recent donations In Loving Memory and in Honor and Appreciation of of the following beloved family members and friends:
- In honor of my grandfather, Henry Dreger, who passed away in June at the wonderful age of 94. His daughters, Mary Lynn and Patricia, both animal lovers as Henry was, agreed that the best way to honor their father was through a memorial gift to United Poultry Concerns. Both my aunt and my mother share my hope that one day chickens will be treated with the love and respect they deserve. In this spirit, please accept this memorial gift for Henry C. Dreger. – Lynn Terzich
- In honor of the three that I’ve lost but always think about. Thank you for fighting Kapparos. As a Jewish person, it makes me sad every year! – Nomi Dayan
- In memory of all the mistreated chickens and roosters on the Globe. I just rescued a rooster who was left for dead after a cockfight and also have a rescued hen. She is so sweet. Chickens are wonderful and smart. Thank you for helping them. – Hilde Wilson
- In honor of Leonard, Nathaniel, Julie, Fredericka, and Bertha. – Paul Deane
- In memory of my friend Barbara Altman’s brother, Alan Hefter. – Ronnie Steinau
- In memory of Evelyn Kudlow, Ronnie Steinau’s Mom, who passed away in September. She is deeply missed. – Meredith MacCracken.
Photo by: Jeri Kratina
- In memory of Jeri Kratina’s hen, Feathers, who died in September after a wonderful life with Jeri. – Susan Gordon
- Thank you for your kind message and for all you do for our poultry friends. Enclosed are Feathers’ last photos taken the day before she continued on her journey. She was a wonderful friend and a great joy in my life. Some day she and I and all my other critter friends will all be tossed to the wind together.
– Jeri Kratina.
(Jeri’s Story of Feathers appeared in the Summer 2004 issue of Poultry Press and can be read on our Website at www.upc-online.org/summer04/feathers.htm. – UPC Editor)
- Please accept our sponsorship of a sanctuary chicken in Honor and Memoriam of Lindsey Stahl, for being an animal advocate, making compassionate food choices, and speaking out for the protection of animals. – The Humane Society of the United States