Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
The pain of losing them is the price we pay for the privilege of knowing them and sharing their lives. . . .
– Vicky Barbee
We thank those people who have contributed to our work with recent donations In Loving Memory and in Honor and Appreciation of of the following beloved family members and friends:
- From all the dogs and cats I care for in memory of Luce, my beloved rooster. – Laurie Melichar
- Please accept my donation in loving memory of Regina Hyland, a great lady and one of the few “true” Christians I have ever known. May her legacy of love and compassion for all of God’s creatures live on forever. – Pat Neskavich
- My donation is in honor of my 20-year anniversary of going to that wretched auction to rescue birds. On Dec. 5, 1987, 20 years ago to this date, I rescued 5 red hens and a bronze turkey hen I named “Friendly.” I’ve gone to the auction nearly every weekend since then! – Barbara Moffit
- In honor of Leonard, Nathaniel, Julie, Fredericka, and Bertha. When the veterinarian told me that my Bertha was dying, she said, “Mr. Deane, can I let her go?” and I said yes. I’ve heard that men don’t cry. They do. – Paul Deane
- In loving memory of my mother, pioneer award-winning animal advocacy journalist & poet Ann Cottrell Free. – Elissa Free
- In loving memory of Helmut the rooster. – Jennifer Russell
- Thank you so much for your Christmas card of your lovely rooster. My donation is in memory of my boyfriend who died of cancer. He also loved chickens. – Catherine Broadhead
- Please accept my donation honoring UPC’s Christmas card rooster, Chesterbuddy. – Rhoda Christopher
- Best wishes to UPC, in remembrance of Chesterbuddy.– Bud Forsberg
- Thank you again for all your help and love for our hen, Phyllis. – Daniel Caldwell
United Poultry Concerns takes this opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed through the years in memory of their departed loved ones to our Freddaflower Fund.