Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
Photo: Susan Rayfield
From rotting in cages to roosting in branches, former battery hens enjoy life at United Poultry Concerns. Despite thousands of years of domestication, chickens are essentially the wild jungle fowl of their ancestry, with the same cravings for lush soil, trees, and activities suited to the tropical forests they originated in. May is International Respect for Chickens Month. Let people know how beautiful and “green” chickens truly are.
Inside This Issue
- Exclusive Interview with Poultry Welfare Pioneer Karen Davis, PhD
- International Respect for Chickens Day May 4, 2011
- UPC Petitions Florida Department of Education to Stop Classroom Animal Slaughter
- UPC, HERO, & ARFF Rally for Humane Education in Florida Schools
- Chicken Killers Charged With Animal Cruelty by Contra Costa County DA
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- New Newspaper Ad! New Bus Ad!
- New Method of Torturing Chickens to Death: DECOMPRESSION
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup