United Poultry Concerns Proudly Announces
International Respect for Chickens Day
Wednesday May 4, 2005
"They would rather die for their chicks than seek safety in flight . . ."
Aldrovandi – 16th century
Chickens are cheerful, intelligent birds. The mother hen tenderly cares for her chicks, and roosters protect their families and flocks.
Please do an ACTION for chickens on May 4. Show the world that chickens are people too! Ideas:
- Write a letter/op-ed to the editor
- Arrange a library display/video presentation
- Have a Respect for Chickens Day celebration at your school
- Leaflet at a busy street corner/ your local university
- Have a We-Don’t-Eat-Our-Feathered-Friends Vegan Party!
Contact UPC for posters, brochures, videos.
United Poultry Concerns, PO Box 150, Machipongo, VA 23405
757-678-7875 Karen@upc-online.org www.upc-online.org
International Respect for Chickens Day May 4, 2005
A day to celebrate chickens throughout the world.
United Poultry Concerns, Inc.
PO Box 150
Machipongo, VA 23405-0150