Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
United Poultry Concerns
PO Box 150
Machipongo, Virginia 23405-0150 USA
Visit Our Web Site:
Photo: Davida G. Breier
Goli the guinea fowl joined our sanctuary in 2010. He lives in a snug enclosure with our golden rooster Reggie and two friendly beige colored hens who were rescued from a cockfighting ring named Maisie and Melandra. At night this little group of friends roosts together on a tree branch under the leaves. Goli has many interesting voices ranging from an ear-piercing machine-gun racket to the sweetest quiet singing in the evening, when he and his companions are settled down for the night.
Inside This Issue
- Eugene Veg Education Network 2011 Interview with UPC President Karen Davis
- Agreement Raises Hopes & Fears for Egg-Laying Hens: Our Perspective
- Activists End Live Bird Sales at San Francisco’s Farmers Markets!
- Florida Department of Education Denies UPC’s Petition to Develop and Implement Humane Education Rules for Florida’s Public Schools
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- United Poultry Concerns Annual Report for 2010
- From Washington, DC & New Orleans to Vietnam and Victoria Australia, UPC supporters celebrated International Respect for Chickens Day in May 2011.
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Nut French Toast
Free Ways to Help United Poultry Concerns Raise Much-Needed Funds