Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
“I kept thinking of the saying, ‘Whoever saves a single life is considered to have saved the whole world,’ as I picked up each broken bird. Each bird we saved was a victory of sorts, and that reality grounded me in not succumbing to feelings of impotence and anger.” – PJ McKosky. See his story inside.
Inside This Issue
- International Respect for Chickens Day May 4
- International Respect for Chickens Day at Chicken Run Rescue in Minnesota
- The Atlantic’s Mixed Messages
- No Pasture Here. Only Pain.
- United Poultry Concerns Co-Sponsors First Humane Hoax Online Summit
- The Henmaid’s Tale
- Open Letter to NPR’s 1A Show “Planting a Seed” on Being Vegan, Jan. 7, 2019
- New York Lawmaker Seeks to Ban Chick-Hatching Projects in the State
- Elementary School Ends Chick-Hatching Projects!
- Muffie & Her Friends Remembered With Love & Lessons Learned
- DAMN DAIRY by Karen Davis, PhD
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Acorn Squash and Walnut Bake
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Free Ways to Help United Poultry Concerns Raise Much-Needed Funds